12 WEEK COACHING SYSTEM
Weekly Coaching Calls
Don't Give Up
Darren was previously a lecturer at Liverpool University. He possesses a master's degree in psychology and has been a personal trainer and lifestyle coach for the past 20 years. He is also the founder of the European Institute of Fitness.
understand the real problem
develop a true solution
Create a compelling offer
Hi, my name is
Here's the problem I try and help people fix: Despite people's good intentions, they often struggle to create the business and income they desire. They look for quick fixes in terms of free webinars, Facebook groups and even paid blueprints and secret formulas to follow. However, what's really wrong is their wavering mindset, inconsistency in their efforts and confusion and overwhelm in terms of what to do for the best.
Let's turn the tables. What if -
1. YOU told ME that you had identified an area of my life I wanted to improve, indeed that I wanted to thrive in that I am currently struggling with and that you could help me fix it. I would be pleased, right!
2. You help me clarify for myself what thriving in that area of my life would actually be like, compared with my current struggle.
3. I realise that I've been struggling with the problem for some time and know I won't likely fix it on my own. Afterall, the evidence seems compelling, I just need to look at my current results, or lack of them.
4. So, you offer me a 12-week personal coaching and accountability program explaining that it’s me that needs to do the work rather than hoping for a miracle formula, blueprint or plan that will work wonders without me really needing to engage in it. We agree there just aren’t any quick fixes to fix what is actually wrong and that I needed to become more committed, consistent and ultimately more accountable for myself and my own results than I ever had been in the past.
5. You tell me that from here on in we will meet for 30 minutes each week to discuss the week just gone, set some goals for the week ahead and ensure I consistently take the right actions to begin to create my own blueprint for success i.e. my own method and approach I can truly get behind and champion.
6. You help me understand that this time I will start each week feeling highly motivated, clear and ready to do what I need to do, knowing I will receive reminders, helpful resources and have the ability to check in and sign off on completed tasks as I complete them so that I stay focused even when I am really busy.
7. I realise that by tracking my progress in the Accountability App you give me access to will also help me be more resilient. And I am excited that every single week we will actually catch up on the phone so that I am not let off the hook knowing someone this time really does have my back. I can see now that I need this level of accountability to not give up when the going inevitably gets tough. I feel ready this time.
8. I realise the error of my ways. I have not had this kind of clarity before and I understand the focus I will need but how this program will provide it. I know I have fallen for quick fixes before and got lost in all the "marketing" hype around building a 6-figure business. I see that it is me that needs to step up and get crystal-clear and lazer-focused and simply more accountable to actually see through my good intentions.
9. I decide I’m in! I pay your fees knowing without doing so I am not fully buying into my own goals. And I understand, of course, it’s the only way to get your help that I realise I really do need. I know on my own I might not get the result I want. And I want to feel amazing knowing this area of my life that I have struggled with for a long time now, can thrive. I can’t wait to get started.
10. 12 weeks later I sense myself showing up better in all areas of my life realising the power of having a coach as well as being a coach for my own clients.
"The business coaching I have received has helped transform my business and enabled me to build it around my own strength."
The 4-3-2-1 Method
"It was really good at challenging me to be the best I could be and step away from all the generic stuff out there to be better. It really helped me move forwards and take my business thinking to the next level!"
"To have Darren's expertise at your finger tips is a real bonus. The app is super-easy to use and being able to carry it around makes things incredibly flexible. Your accountability is now with you always, which is a must for PT's that want to dig deep, to learn more about themselves and their business."
BACK TO YOU AND YOUR FITNESS BUSINESS
I have no doubt if you are currently stuck and not getting to where you want to be in your fitness practice or business that in the first instance a coaching call with me, will indeed help!
Your first job is to clarify what it is you actually want (your intention) and investigate a little further where your focus (attention) needs to be. I can help with this.
Your first call is free.
No strings attached. This is not a sales call at all. I know that the only way you will buy into coaching for yourself is to experience the coaching process for yourself. And that is what this call is. We will ONLY discuss further coaching if YOU ask! Fair?
ABOUT BUSINESS COACHING
I think we often make the mistake of confusing following somebody else's "way" from what "business coaching" is really all about i.e. helping people find their own way!
If the big guy in the gym gave the little guy his program to follow to get big and called this personal training we would have an issue!
And if a successful online trainer gave her business plan to a newbie online trainer including Facebook ads and funnel details using such language as hacks and formulas and then called it business coaching, I have an issue since this is NOT business coaching!
So, what is business coaching?
Well, when we consider fitness coaching we are talking about first understanding the client, asking about their needs and desires to then create with them a roadmap to get from where they are currently at to where they want to be.
Along the journey, the fitness coach will lend their expertise in such matters of nutrition and exercise and even stress and relaxation. But at no point would the fitness coach say, hey just follow my plan.
Business coaching is not mentoring. It is not merely providing education and isn't something you can easily do in a group. Coaching someone in business is about discovering what the coachee really wants helping them get really clear about their own why and how their business can become an extension of them.
It is about creating a roadmap from where they are currently at to where they want to be. Along the journey a business coach will lend their expertise in such matters of marketing, product development, sales and client acquisition to assist, but at no point will they say, look this is what I did just copy the formula!
Watch this video training. Originally recorded for our business retreats, our latest 12 week accountability coaching program offers a path to success to make getting help even more accessible.
MY 4-STEP SIMPLE SYSTEM
Designed to empower not disempower
If you want to be more successful – you must first decide to be so. With success comes sacrifice. Getting clear on what it is you actually want (and why) and what the cost will likely be to get it (and indeed whether or not you are prepared to pay the price) is the all-important first step.
It starts with knowing our outcomes. We must get clear about what we want and what it will take to get it and then decide to commit or not. Our decisions define us. How we currently experience life is as a consequence of the decisions we have made in the past. To change our future, we need to embrace the decisions we need to make today. This is setting our intention.
People nod when I talk about setting goals, but hardly anyone actually does. And yet this simple process re-sets our mind. It focuses it on clear actions to take each day. When we set, constantly remind ourselves and accomplish goals we feel inherently good. The dopamine release associated with feeling good helps us accelerate our progress and we begin to achieve things we previously were unable to achieve.
Goals direct our thoughts, retrain our brain and steer our success. When you start using the power of goal setting properly, everything changes.
The best way to become more successful in anything is to stop thinking about it, reading about it, talking about it and take some action to move towards it. Action is key. The more we take, especially when driven by well-defined goals and linked to the big decision we made at the beginning, the more success we can expect.
It is what we consistently do that creates the habits and, therefore, results in our lives. The trouble is most people find it difficult to be consistent enough for the new behaviours we try on for a while to ever become habit. Most people find it difficult to hold themselves sufficiently accountable for repeating their new actions and, unfortunately, when the going gets tough they slip back to their old ways without even noticing it.
Don’t give up
Of course, along the journey we may need to adjust things a little and even take some pretty big turns. But the key to success is to keep going even when we feel like giving up. That’s why the decision-making process is so important in the first place and why goals are so important to shine the way and keep us moving forwards.
We must keep going in the face of adversity and see through our good intentions. We must learn to become resilient and resourceful when the going gets tough i.e. when our commitment begins to buckle.
TAKE BACK CONTROL
Often we spend so much time looking for the solution to our problems "out there" in the world. We hope for the answer to be waiting for us online, in a Facebook group or in a new shiny thing we haven't seen before. But that's not where the answers can be found! Indeed, by believing this is where you might find the answer GIVES AWAY CONTROL.
To TAKE BACK CONTROL we must recognise the problem for most of us is that we just don't see things through. We just don't have a consistent road map for where we are going and, instead, have adopted a stop-start approach that is getting us nowhere, fast.
To be more successful, we need to be more accountable!
Once we are 100% accountable we can begin becoming consistent and committed to our outcomes.